Please follow this link to the Sutton Volunteer Centre who are coordinating activities in our local communities in regard to the Covid-19 pandemic, .
Cycle Delivery – we occasionally have an opportunity for an enthusiastic local bicycle courier rider for ad hoc work in the local area. You will need your own bike. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in occasional work.
Please follow the links below for more details about our opportunities. At times, some opportunities will be filled with sufficient volunteers, so please contact us to find out what is currently available.
Carshalton Environmental Fair – August Bank Holiday Monday
- Stewarding / event volunteering – Stewards are needed to assist at the Carshalton Environmental Fair on the August Bank Holiday Monday. Volunteers also needed on the bank holiday weekend to set the event up and the following Tuesday to pack up. Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
- Help Organise the Fair – There are a range of ways you can volunteer to help the Carshalton Environmental Fair, from helping find sponsors, helping with publicity or over the August Bank Holiday weekend when the Fair is held. Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
Carshalton Community Allotment
- Befriender – We are looking for volunteers to help create a friendly environment for participants by talking and gardening with them as well as supporting staff in keeping the allotment running smoothly. Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
- Food Growing Volunteer – Take part in growing food at our allotment. Help at the food growing sessions, weeding, watering, sowing and growing. You even get to take a share of the harvest home to eat – for free! Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
Inclusive Cycling Sessions
- Admin Assistant – Help at our outdoor registration desk at our inclusive cycling sessions. You don’t need to be able to cycle or know anything about bikes! Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
- Befriender – We are looking for volunteers to welcome and support participants at our cycling sessions. Spend time chatting to people, cycling around the track with people either on a bike or on our side-by-side cycles. Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
- Bicycle Maintenance Supporter – Are you good at maintaining and re-conditioning bicycles? Do you want to be able to help those in need? If you can answer yes to these questions, then you might want to be our next Bicycle Maintenance Supporter. Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
- Trackside Supporters – Duties include taking cycles out of the store and returning them after the sessions, keeping the track clear of unused cycles, handing out/helping to fit cycle helmets and equipment to cycles as required. This opportunity is suitable for all abilities. Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
Wallington Farmers’ Market
- Farmers’ Market Stall Assistant – Help us run a stall at Wallington Farmers’ Market, selling plants to raise funds for our Carshalton Community Allotment project, on the second Saturday of each month. Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
- Plant Sales Preparation – Once a month, help on the Thursday or Friday before the market to make a list of all the plants to sell and make labels with pictures of the plant. Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
Victorian Walled Garden
- Renovate the Walled Garden – Help renovate a Victorian walled garden at The Lodge in Carshalton. Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
- Greenhouse volunteer – We need somebody to look after the plants in the Greenhouse in our Victorian Walled Garden once a week. Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
- Social Network Systems and Blog Researcher / Writer – We are looking for one or two local volunteers with experience and interest in social networking sites as well as good writing skills to help us develop our social media and marketing. Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
Carshalton Frost Fair – first Saturday in December
- Stewarding / event volunteering – This popular local event offer craft and local produce, music and children’s activities. Could you lend a hand setting up the event on Saturday morning, stewarding and collecting donations during the event or people who could turn up fresh and full of energy to help us pack up the event in the evening! Email us or find out more at Volunteer Centre Sutton
If your area of interest is not currently listed, please do feel free to send us your details as skills are often transferable and new opportunities may arise.
EcoLocal periodically has voluntary positions available, covering subjects such as:
- local food growing and nature conservation projects
- green travel schemes
- cycle projects
- youth work
- event organisation
- office administration
- project development and fundraising
- professional skills
Do you have an interest in any of the above fields? Please feel free to Email us.