With lockdown still in place and covid levels still high we have decided to stay closed in February and aim to re-start cycling sessions on Monday 1st March.
We feel we will better placed to get sessions going again once the infection rate reduces and vaccinations are well progressed. We rely on sufficient numbers attending to cover our costs, as well as volunteers to support our staff, and we feel that March will be the right time to restart sessions and rebuild attendance in 2021.
Please keep an eye on this page in case things change. When sessions restart they will run as usual at the David Weir Leisure Centre – with our Covid safe procedures in place – 10am till midday on Mondays and Thursdays.
The following information should be read prior to coming to sessions:
Our inclusive cycling sessions run at the David Weir Leisure Centre athletics track (see here for more details and a map):
- Sessions are currently on Mondays and Thursdays. We will re-introduce Wednesdays if demand is high enough.
- Session times are 10am to Midday.
- These sessions cater for adults and those aged 14+
- See our range of cycles here
Please do the following:
- Please ensure you read the Track Rules
- Please read our covid code of conduct for all participants here.
- If an individual has not attended before they MUST have completed a registration form – please see here
- If you are bringing a group of 4 or more please book ahead here.
- If you are an individual or bringing 3 people or less you do not need to book.
- Please pay by EXACT cash – no change will be available.
- Or you can pay by card.
- We do not take prepayment.
- The fee is £5 per person (carers not charged).
We have put lots of measures in place to make sure you are safe and can have a fun time, enjoying getting some fresh air and exercise on our wonderful cycles!
- HANDS: Please sanitise your hands on arrival
- SPACE: 2m queuing will be in place. Please keep 5m (more than two lanes) from others when cycling. If it’s busy you may have to wait for turns on the bikes.
- FACE: Masks are optional as it is outdoors. But we will ask you to wear one if you are able to if you need to be closer than 2m to a cycle instructor, eg for help to get on a bike.
- SHARING: if you wish to share a bike with two seats, this MUST be with someone else from your household or support bubble.
- SANITISING: All bike hand grips and saddles will be sanitised between users. Please follow instructions on where to leave bikes when dismounting – you will be shown what to do.
- HELMETS: We will not be able to lend cycle helmets. You do not have to wear a helmet. But if you want to you must bring your own helmet. Please let us know if this is a particular problem for you.
TRACK AND TRACE:
Our volunteers on the registration desk will be checking we have your correct contact details, so please have your telephone number with you. This is important for track and trace.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
We would like to thank the Sutton Giving COVID-19 Rebuild Fund for assisting us in this difficult time.
NOTE: at some times of the year sessions have to be cancelled, e.g. for Bank Holidays. We will post details here.
Sessions run in the sun and rain! If there is snow or heavy frost we may have to cancel – please phone to check 020 8404 1522
The EcoLocal charity does not receive funding for the ongoing costs of these sessions. If you are able to support us by making a donation to help us with running costs, please follow this link