EcoLocal understands that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important.
Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
What information do we collect from you?
We may collect personal information about you when you contact us regarding any aspect our work e.g. projects, volunteering, courses, events, meetings, bookings, enquiries, surveys. We will ensure that we only collect enough information in order to ensure we provide the appropriate service, and which is reasonable and fair. The legal basis for processing your personal information is usually your consent. The sort of information we will hold will include:
- Information that you provide to us relevant to the service you are accessing, such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the Services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our Services, and so on);
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including our regular Mailchimp/email bulletins.
- Details in regard to your attendance at events or participation in projects
- Details of transactions and the fulfilment of your orders, including products, invoices and payment receipts
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
If you do not wish to provide personal information please let us know. In some cases we may not be able to process your request and we will tell you this at the time.
How we use your information
Personal information which you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- help us understand more about you, meet your needs and to improve our service
- to provide the services you requested;
- to ensure efficient and accurate administration of your request;
- to process your request or payment;
- for fraud prevention and to ensure all our volunteers and partner organisations are genuine
- Conduct market research, either ourselves or with reputable agencies
- For statistical analysis to:
- provide services to the wider community through the use of anonymised information.
- support grant or funding applications and monitoring through the use anonymised information
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
- We will keep your personal information only as long as we need to, and will destroy it securely after a set period of time. For those signed up to our online mailing system we will keep your details until you unsubscribe. For projects we will keep your details for as long as you participate in the project and up to 3 years after you stop participating.
How we will ensure your information is kept safe
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- limiting access to our building and projects to those that we believe are entitled to be there (eg by use of identity passes, key and door access control)
- implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation and / or physical separation of our systems and information;
- never asking to share passwords;
- limiting access to paper-based information to only those who need to see it.
How we share your information
We will not disclose your personal information to any organisation or person outside EcoLocal without your consent except:
- to help prevent fraud, and
- if required to do so by law
Access to your information, correction and withdrawal
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you, and to ask us to make corrections or remove your data from our records. If you would like to do this, contact the Director on 020 8404 1522. We will comply within one month.
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we place any updates on this web page. This privacy notice was last updated on 01 May 2018.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, your rights to access information we hold on you, or details on how long we hold your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at: Director | EcoLocal, The Lodge, Honeywood Walk, Carshalton SM5 3NX
Reporting a problem
If you have a complaint regarding how we process your personal information, please contact the Director on 020 8404 1522 or you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).