There are lots of different volunteering opportunities available at the Carshalton Environmental Fair.
Many people help plan the fair; organising the music and performing art stages, promoting the fair, helping in the office, liaising with stall holders and more. You are welcome to join the team.
In addition we need help each year to set up, run, and pack away the fair:
Saturday/Sunday. A team of us will be in the park all weekend setting up the Fair and we’d welcome help with:
- the white line painting teams to mark out the 170 stall pitches
- loading and unloading vans of equipment
- painting and putting up banners
- making cups of tea and sandwiches for the helpers (just as important as the heavy work!)
- hammering in fence posts/putting up temporary fencing
- putting up marquees
- various other things!
Monday – day of the fair: Looking for at least 60 people to do a range of jobs on a rota basis throughout the day:
- Stall holder marshals to welcome and direct stall holders early in the morning (two shifts; 7.30-9am and 9-10.30am)
- Stall holder parking attendants! People to patrol the stall holder parking area between 7.30am and 10.30am – this could be split into two shifts.
- Parking marshals to encourage stall holders to remove vehicles to parking area (9.45-10.30am)
- Teams of gate stewards on the pedestrian entrance gates taking the entrance fees, giving change and programmes (1 or 2 hour shifts 10.30am – 5.30pm)
- Vehicle gate stewards on the vehicle gate to direct arriving vehicles/not let in people without vehicle passes (1 or 2 hour shifts 10.30am-5.30pm)
- Info desk stewards to sit at the info/lost property/lost children desk (1 or 2 hour shifts 9.30am – 6.30pm)
- Roaming stewards keeping an eye on the event (1 or 2 hour shifts 9.30am – 6.30pm)
- Secret shopper! To check that the stalls are complying with stall holders regulations, and that there are no rogue stalls etc (from around 11am)
- Feedback stewards– getting feedback from fair attenders on the event (1 hour shifts 12.30-5.30pm)
- Help to pack up equipment – 6-8pm
- taking down marquees, helping put everything away/clearing up, taking down temporary fences, loading/unloading van, making cups of tea.