The Frost Fair is sited in the beautiful setting of Carshalton Ponds, a traditional winter event with activities for all of the family.
It is run by EcoLocal with the Friends of Honeywood Museum. As it gets darker, the area is lit with twinkling fairy lights which all helps create a magical atmosphere.
Outside Honeywood Museum and in the nearby Memorial Gardens and Festival Walk, stalls from the Wallington Farmers Market will join us. They'll offer a varied range of tasty treats as well as a variety of local craft stalls selling wonderful gift ideas such as glassware, pottery, woodcraft and more. There is a tasty hog roast & seasonal food with bar & warming drinks. See stalls listing below.
We are always looking for volunteers to help with the event on the day. If you'd like to help, please e-mail here
If you are interested in having a stall at the event, then please fill in our enquiry form
Details below are from our 2018 event
Inside Honeywood Museum in 2018 :
Booking for events (excluding Christmas Craft workshop) is through Honeywood Museum's Ticket Booth - Please book early to avoid disappointment
Christmas Magic Shows are at 1.30, 2.30, 4.00 and 5.00. Tickets are £2 per child.
Storytelling sessions by a local children’s author Catherine Carroll are at 1.45, 2.15, 2.45, 4.15, 4.45 and 5.15. These sessions are free but still need to be booked.
Father Christmas will be in his grotto from 1 until 6, with a break at 3.30-4. Tickets cost £3 per child.
Christmas Craft workshop throughout the afternoon.
Entertainments outdoors at the 2018 event:
1.15-1.45 Pennyroyal Clog Dancers
1.50-2.20 Impromptu Choir
2.25-2.55 Wandle Ceilidh Band
3.35-4.05 All Saints/Sutton Choral
4.10-4.40 The Brook Choir
Memorial Gardens Amplified Stage:
1.00-1.40 Zero Carbon Band
1.45-2.15 Emily Clair
2.20-2.50 Simon and the Witch
2.55-3.25 Humphrey and Maude
3.30-4.00 The Frisbys
4.05-4.35 Emma Lauson
4.40-5.10 Dan Maitland
5.15-6.00 Jason Redrup
Sutton Ecology Centre's Winter Wonderland Trail: 1pm-4pm, suitable for families with young children: "Someone's stolen Santa's sack … how are we going to get it back? Follow the animal clues and explore the delights of Sutton Ecology Centre to find Santa’s missing sack of toys". Cost: £4.50 per child, includes small gift per child. Drop in, no booking required. No dogs please.
Carshalton High Street: Christmas Lights Switch on at 6pm! - Shetland Ponies to pet, food and drinks, and raffle at Sassis in the Grove. Soft play, stalls, Santa and reptile show in the Kung Fu School.
Stalls at the 2018 event:
- The Giggly Pig Company- Hog roast, sausages and bacon
- Ildiko's Chocolate - Artisan chocolate slabs, truffles, caramel sauces, baked chocolate goodies plus hot chocolate
- S & S Patisserie - Pastries, eclairs and fruit flans
- Carshalton Ceramics – ceramic functional ware - bowls, dishes, jugs and tealight holders
- Emma's Art - Painted tin, pottery and wood
- Amber Glass Design - Creative glass designs
- Antares Concepts - Handmade wooden items and soft toys
- Connie's Cakes - Cakes including a free from range
- Friends of Honeywood Museum - books and literature about the Museum
- Jolie Patisserie - Handmade macarons
- Julian’s Artisan Baker - Artisan breads and pastries plus Xmas goods - Panettone, Stollen and biscuits
- Just Be Natural - Handmade skincare products
- Koula's Kitchen - Jams, marmalade and preserves
- Kush Cuisine – Award winning handmade preserves with a Caribbean twist
- Nut Knowle Farm - Hand made goat's cheese
- Selsdon Ceramics - Pottery from local clay
- Sutton Community Farm - find out about the Farm and their veg box scheme
- Bar - Mulled wine and cider, hot chocolate, and hot snacks
- Chef RF - Indian Street Food
- Knitty Nora - knitted scarves, tops, toys and hats
- The Little Honey Bee Company - Beeswax and honey products
- Sugar and Spice Sutton - Traditional French Crepes
- Upsickles - Upcycled homeware and gifts
- Abel Kesteven – Unique paintings and cards from the artist himself
- Beautiful Vintage by L - Vintage china upcycled into cake stand and bird feeders
- Carshalton Lavender – Local lavender growers - info and craft goods plus oil
- EcoLocal Xmas Decorations stall - Handmade wreaths and table decorations, made with fresh greenery
- Festoon - Christmas decorations and cards
- Fi's Fudge - Handmade fudge
- Shop With Love – handmade soap, cards, tags, lavender bags and decoration
- Jeff Cordery and Brian Ash - Handmade and woodturning objects
- Shoreline Design - Hand crafted sterling silver/silver plated seaglass jewellery
STALLS INSIDE HONEYWOOD MUSEUM
- Abydos and Auntie Lesley's Sewing Emporium - Quilting and jewellery
- Epsom Beekeepers - Honey and related products
- Jo Sharpe/ Budding Artists - local artists with original paintings, prints and cards of the local area
- Paula Tollerton - Original artwork, art prints and cards
- Lunar Siskin Candles - candles in upcycled containers
- Sarawati Society - hand made books about Eastern philosophy
- Sutton Fairtrade - Information about Fairtrade and products
SITE SERVICES AT THE EVENT
First Aid and Lost Children: Honeywood Museum
Information Point: Honeywood Walk
Buggy Parks: for visitors to the museum and to the Winter Wonderland Trail