Saturday 25th/Sunday 26th. A team of us will be in the park all weekend setting up the Fair and we’d welcome help with:
- the white line painting teams to mark out the 170 stall pitches
- loading and unloading vans of equipment
- painting and putting up banners
- making cups of tea and sandwiches for the helpers (just as important as the heavy work!)
- hammering in fence posts/putting up temporary fencing
- putting up marquees
- various other things!
Monday 27th: Looking for at least 60 people to do a range of jobs on a rota basis throughout the day:
- stall holder marshals to welcome and direct stall holders early in the morning (two shifts;30-9am and 9-10.30am)
- stall holder parking attendants! People to patrol the stall holder parking area between 7.30am and 10.30am – this could be split into two shifts.
- parking marshals to encouragestall holders to removevehicles to parking area (9.45-10.30am)
- teams of gate stewards on the pedestrian entrance gates taking the entrance fees, giving change and programmes (1 or 2 hour shifts 10.30am – 5.30pm)
- vehicle gate stewards on the vehicle gate to direct arriving vehicles/not let in people without vehicle passes (1 hour shifts 10.30am-5.30pm)
- info desk stewards to sit at theinfo/lost property/lost children desk (1 hour shifts 9.30am – 6.30pm)
- roaming stewards keeping an eye on the event (1 hour shifts 9.30am – 6.30pm)
- secret shopper! To check that the stalls are complying with stall holders regulations, and that there are no rogue stalls etc (from around 11am)
- feedback stewards– getting feedback from fair attenders on the event (1 hour shifts 12.30-5.30pm)
- help to pack upequipment 6-8pm
- taking down marquees, helping put everything away/clearing up, taking down temporary fences, loading/unloading van, making cups of tea.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.