The next Wallington Farmers’ Market will be held on Saturday 13th February
Farmers’ Markets are permitted to remain open in all Tiers, including Tier 4 and lockdown, as they provide essential food. We currently expect Wallington Farmers’ Market to be open for all 2021 dates.
Wallington Farmers’ Market will be bursting with local produce in February – everything from free range meat to fresh fruit and veg.
We will again have Covid-safe measures in place at the market. Volunteer stewards will be onsite to ensure social distancing and market traders will be following Sutton Council’s market trader Covid guidance.
As usual, the stalls will be laid out to allow for socially distanced queues and we will be operating a one way system – via a single entrance to the South of the Old Town Hall off of the High Street.
Stalls for January (to be updated for February):
Bessborough Farm, Cafezinho Coffee, Cheesemakers of Canterbury, Carshalton Community Allotment plants, Collaroy Farm Eggs, Etherley Farm, Giggly Pig Company (sausages), Jam Packed Preserves, Lee House Farm (organic, hand fed beef), Monster Cookies, Nut Knowle cheese, Olivier’s Bakery, Perry Court Farm (fruit and veg), Ringden Farm (fruit/juice), Selsey Willows (seafood) and Sussex Pie Company
For details on which stalls are offering Click and Collect click here
Please help us keep the market safe for you and others by keeping to the following rules:
Wallington Farmers’ Market Covid Code of Conduct
• Help protect others – do not come to the market if you have a cough or a temperature, or have lost your sense of taste or smell
• Wear a mask to protect others and yourself
• If you are in a vulnerable group, please do not risk your health by coming to the market. Ask someone to shop for you and remember many producers will deliver if you order in advance
• Only one person per household should come to the market; this does not apply to elderly couples, or those requiring support through disability
• The market will open at 9am for the elderly to shop first. Otherwise, please come to market at least an hour after opening
• We are limiting the number of people inside the gate and we are imposing a 2 metre spaced queue outside.
• Stewards are in place to manage social distancing.
• If you do not social distance you will be asked to leave the market site
• Once the inside has reached its limit, customers are allowed in only when someone else comes out.
• There is no shortage of food. Please buy only what you need.
• Please only handle food you are purchasing
• Visit stalls with the longest queues a little later.
• Some stalls are accepting cash, some are card only.
• Leave your dogs at home (guide dogs welcome)
• Catch coughs and sneezes in a tissue and take home with you for disposal
• Use hand sanitiser/bring disposable gloves