We are renovating the existing buildings of The Lodge to create a mixed use development that includes:
- Community Hall and Kitchen
- Rejuvenated Victorian Walled Garden
- Straw Bale Classroom Suite
- Office & Meetings Centre Hub to support community enterprise
- Workshop facilities in the old stables / outbuildings
- Storage for local groups and projects
The scheme has to be financially sustainable. So, in sympathy with location and building, we are developing 9 flats. 7 will be sold to cover development costs and 2 rented out on an on-going basis to generate income to cover community facilities management costs.